Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Download Air Soft Font Family




Download Air Soft Font

family of 81 fonts from Positype

Air Softâ„¢

Air Soft’s development came as a natural progression in my exploration of Air’s skeleton. I wanted to see Air ‘softer’ in some of the test typesettings I was using during its development… so, well, I went about deriving a visual methodology to soften it. Early attempts had me producing solutions similar to all of the other ‘rounded’ types. I rebelled against that. Had to. Ultimately, I wanted to show that you could put a radius on a corner without rounding it to oblivion. The solution is completely subtle and very intentional along each weight/style, but drastically changes the personality of the letters when contrasted against each other. Radii used to soften the letters were not interpolated across the range of weights but were rather derived independently to balance stroke and proportion.

More…


No comments:

Post a Comment